Whether in person or by text, always keep the HIV conversation going. Start talking about safer sex option with your friends or partner(s). Check out some conversation starters for safer sex below….. #StartTalking #StopHIV #SaferSex
- Did you know that there are medicines that you can take that can further reduce the chance of you getting HIV? Have you heard of PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)?
- Have you heard about PrEP? Maybe we should talk to our doctors to see if it’s right for us.
- I can’t believe the condom broke. It’s a good thing there are medicines to help reduce the chance getting HIV. We should go to the doctor or emergency room right now and ask about PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis).
- If we’re going to have sex, we should use condoms.
- Can we talk about sex? Safer sex is really important to me.
- You should know that for anal sex, condoms are a must. That’s non-negotiable for me. Are you ok with that?
- So we haven’t really talked about it, but can we agree that when the time comes, we’ll use condoms to keep each other safe?
- Maybe we should consider doing things that have a lower chance of getting or transmitting HIV, like oral sex. Doing other things can be fun and are much safer than anal sex.
- I know we just met and we don’t know everything about each other, but you should know that practicing safer sex is really important to me. When is the last time you were tested for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases?