It is important to have conversations with your partner about HIV testing, but that can be a lot easier said than done. Worried about how your new or existing guy or lady is going to react? You’re not alone, many men and women have those fears. Check out HIV testing conversation starters below:
- I got tested for HIV and other stuff the first time about a year ago, have you ever been tested?
- I’ve never been tested for HIV and I’m kind of nervous to do it. Will you go with me?
- I know we haven’t talked about this yet, but just so you know, I got tested for HIV last [week/month/whatever]. My test came back negative, and ever since I got the results I’ve committed to playing it safe. When was the last time you were tested?
- So, when was the last time you were tested for HIV? How often do you get tested for HIV and other STDs? I was tested recently, but think we should probably go together to be on the safe side. What do you think?
- I read something that said we should be getting tested for HIV at least annually, or even more often. How often do you get tested? Where do you get tested? Want to go together?
- I saw this mobile HIV testing truck last week, and it made me realize we haven’t talked about HIV yet. When was the last time you were tested?
- Before we take things to the next level, I think we should get tested for HIV. No matter the results, at least we’ll know how to keep each other safe and healthy.
- Have you heard about the new home HIV test? Do you want to try a home test with me?
- I was listening to the radio today and they said that you can get your HIV test results in as little as 20 minutes. I’m thinking about going. Will you go with me?